USDA, NRCS. 2018. The PLANTS Database (http://plants.usda.gov, 28 March 2018). National Plant Data Team, Greensboro, NC 27401-4901 USA.
What is Uruguayan Water Primrose?
- Covered in short, soft hairs
- Sword or elliptical shaped
- No flowers if floating leaves present
- Grow as single flowers
- Stalks 0.79-1.18
- 5 yellow petals
- Smooth when young
- Grow horizontally over the soil
- Up to 3 feet tall
- Covered in soft hairs as it ages
- Rooting at nodes
Where Does it Grow?
Uruguayan water primrose can be found in shallow marshes, ponds and ditches.
Pros and Cons of Uruguayan Water Primrose
This plant is not native to North America and should not be introduced into new water bodies and should be treated with herbicide when present.