Need assistance with wildlife and fish management on your ranch, backyard, or pond? Simply call your local County Extension Agent.
Aquatic vegetation management can be a perplexing problem. The first part of that problem is proper identification. Management of most aquatic plant species depends on properly identifying the desirable or nuisance plant. Many ponds have more than one type of aquatic plant, and care must be taken to identify all the aquatic plants inhabiting the pond. Some pond plants may be beneficial to local or migratory wildlife, and therefore, may want to be encouraged or at least not eliminated.
Use the following fact sheets to build your knowledge on aquatic vegetation management. Check back frequently to see new items added.
- EWF-004 TAMU Aquatic Herbicide Selection, Effectiveness, and Restrictions Tables
- EWF-015 Managing and Controlling Algae in Ponds
- EWF-037 Identification and Control of Duckweed & Watermeal
- EWF-110 Aquatic Vegetation Prevention
- EHT-149 Identification and Management of Water Lily-Like Species
For more information and training opportunities, please visit our online courses page.